After losing a loved one, many people believe they don’t need to open probate because their loved one did not have a lot of money.
The mistake with this belief is that the debts and taxes of the decedent often go unpaid while assets are distributed. The family is then surprised when creditor or the IRS shows up looking to recover their claim. They have the right and power to open an estate and pursue those who received the property. It is far better to open an estate and administer it properly in the first place.
Probate is a court-supervised process that’s required when someone dies leaving a will~ and even if he doesn’t leave a will. The estate must pass to the beneficiaries, and probate is the legal process by which this is accomplished.
In California, the law does not require you to hire an attorney to settle the estate. YAZ Legal Services, INC expertise in preparing probate documents and procedures ensures that your probate case will move through the legal process quickly and easily. Preparing these documents is a detailed process with many steps and dealing with several different entities. YAZ Legal Services, INC prepare all your documents, file them at the court, give proper notices, facilitate the required newspaper publication, appraisals and make sure that everything is satisfactory for the court prior to any hearings.
We Can Assist You With The Following
- Probate with will
- Probate without will
- Letters of Administration with Will Annexed
- Spousal or domestic partner property transfer
- Transfer of real property valued at $50,000 or less
- Transfer of real property valued at $150,00 or less
- Power of Atorney
- Health Care Directive
* YAZ Legal Services, INC services cannot give legal advice or provide legal representation in court. YAZ Legal Services, INC services is not a law firm or a substitute for an attorney. Services provided are not intended to create an attorney -client relationship. The primary purpose of the services provided by YAZ Legal Services, INC service are to assist you in preparing your documents for filing by yourself and the filing of those documents in court.
If an attorney is needed in your legal matter, YAZ Legal Services, INC services recommends you contact your local bar association.